a whole new way to look at weather.
(with some very special Xtras)
swackett X for mac: os X lion savvy
- **The #1 weather app for the Mac in 67 countries, with more than 1 million users worldwide and over 2,500 5-star ratings.
- **swackett X named a “Best of Mac App Store 2011” app!
swackett® is a whole new way to look at the weather. We convert complex weather data to easily-understood, visual weather reports designed for people of every age. Our unique approach is to combine raw weather data (current conditions, radar, and detailed forecasts) with thoughtfully crafted people symbols (called “peeps”) who always appear appropriately dressed for the weather.
If it happens to be cold outside, swackett® peeps appear dressed in winter hats, coats and boots. A hot, sunny day? swackett® peeps appear wearing shorts and sunglasses — and they even remember to bring along drinking water and sunblock. Rain? swackett® peeps appear with rain jackets and an umbrella.
swackett displays detailed weather conditions and forecasts for over 2 million locations worldwide.
Forecasts and Imagery
- Current weather details
- Visual forecasts for today, tonight and tomorrow
- Hourly forecasts for the next 24 hours
- Daily forecasts for the next 5 days
- Local, regional, state and national full-motion radar images (where available) with rain, ice and snow color mapping
- Smart watches and warnings with push notification to iOS devices (available currently only in the US but coming soon to other countries)
Comprehensive Weather Details
- Temperature and “real feel” temperature
- Dew point
- Wind speed and directions
- Sunrise and sunset
- Precipitation amounts for rain, ice and snow
- Percent probability of precipitation
- swackett Editions to keep forecasts fresh and fun
- Seamless multi-platform location synchronization (Mac, iPhone, iPad, Web)
- The ability to share forecasts via Facebook, Twitter and email
- Built in PeepCast Radio
Don’t need all the Xtras? Please see swackett®, available for free (supported via Smart Ads).
swackett X includes all of the capabilities of swackett®, plus some very special Xtras:
- Completely Ad-Free.
- Select Animated Peeps (rain, snow, and wind plus lots of extra surprises).
- Select Interactive Peeps (clickable peeps with extra content).
- This Day in Weather History: Interesting weather-related historical facts and images.
- Flickr Integration: The most interesting or most recent photographs near your locations can now appear with your weather reports.
- Current Conditions Windows: Shows current weather conditions for all of your locations at a glance (summary and detail views).
- The swackett Weather Menu: Shows the current temperature in the menu bar with easy access to highs and lows for the next 7 days.
- Longer Radar Animations: 3-hour radar loops (where available).
- Watches and Warnings Count: Now available in the Dock.
OS X Lion Support
Swackett X version 1.3 contains full support for core Mac OS X Lion technologies, including:
- Multi-Touch Gestures: You can now swipe peeps, timelines, radars and extras.
- Full-Screen Mode: For the first time ever you can now view all swackett information on a single screen (provided your screen is big enough).
- In-App Purchasing: You can now buy swackett Editions with a single click.
where to download
Peepometer is available exclusively through the App Store. Download swackett X for Mac now.
more swackett apps
- swackett X for iPhone
- Peepometer for iPad
- Flashometer for iPhone
- swackett for iPhone
- swackett X for Mac
- swackett for Mac
- The swackett Web App
dress up your forecast even more
Every swackett app comes with two complimentary editions: The Classic Edition and The Modern Edition. You can dress-up your weather forecast with additional editions, each available as an in-app purchase.